March 4, 2014

Need For Speed Rivals

Date played: March 3rd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played more of the racer campaign in Rivals. You know what? There are a ton of things that are great about this game, but there's also a ton of things that are bad about this game. For example, I love the actual driving, the routes, the beautiful graphics, the sense of speed, the cars, the events and the special abilities. However, I just hate the way the game is structured.

Race towards the sun baby!
I think what I hate the most is that I can't restart an event while being chased by the cops. Even worse, I have to LOSE the cops before being able to restart AFTER the event is over. The exclusion of a pause button fucking sucks too.

Either way, I completed a few events and got a couple of new cars. I'm up to rank 10 as a racer and have unlocked a very nice Ferrari and a fragile Lamborghini. I've used the Ferrari quite a bit and love the way it handles. In many ways, the handling in this game reminds me of games like Outrun, heavy with long drifts and high speeds.