March 23, 2014

Skylanders Giants

Cynder plays well, but doesn't look this awesome in the game
Date played: March 23rd
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 6/10

We are very near the end of Skylanders Giants, I think there's only one chapter left. Chapter 15 is set in the lost city of Arkus, the place we've been trying to get to the whole game. Since I don't give a flying fuck about the story, I just went ahead and killed a bunch of dudes. The enemies are very dangerous here and gang up on you pretty easily. I lost many units in the battles, the weaker ones I was trying to buff up.

The one that became more useful than before is Cynder. It's ability to slide under enemies and leave damaging ghost's in it's wake was very good against the hordes of strong, melee enemies. I also boosted Spyro quite a bit, but haven't had a chance to try it's new abilities yet. I'm starting to look at buying Swap Force so that I can play more Skylanders with my daughter, and it seems like the PS4 version is the one to get, but we'll see.