March 2, 2014

Wipeout 2048

Date played: March 1st
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 9/10

I finished Wipeout 2048, or at least, I've completed all the normal events.

Wipeout 2048 in all it's glory
2048 is fucking exhilarating, white knuckle racing at it's best. I had to fight tooth and nail to pass many of the final events, including a grueling race against Pir-Hana's speed ships in the last race. I played some Zone mode, a few Time Trials, a couple of Battle events and a lot of races. I unlocked the Pir-Hana agility ship which ended up being on my favorite craft yet. It's fast and agile, though it can't take a lot of hits. For some of these events, I had to try a dozen times to pass. It's funny, even at the extreme speeds this game runs at, it quickly becomes an instinctual challenge rather than a technical one. You have to know your vessel, the track and just go with the flow. I hope to see more Wipeout soon...