March 19, 2014

Civilization V

Date played: March 18th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

Lucifer tempts his peers and God
Civ V is the fucking devil. THE FUCKING DEVIL.

Civ: "Hi Seb how are you? We should play together!"

Seb: "Hmmm, I don't know, I don't want to go to bed too late..."

Civ: "Well, you understand the new concepts of Brave New World now, it's a good time to try them out with a new civilization. You should avoid cold storage of this valuable new information. Just try it out, maybe reach the Medieval era and call it a night."

Seb: "What about the Koreans I started yesterday? They were doing pretty well..."

Civ: "Sure, but they have no chance of the new cultural victory. Tourism is awesome, you should try it!"

Seb: "All right, I'll start a little game. I figure the Egpytians will be a good choice, since I'll want to produce a lot of wonders to generate great works of writing, art and music. And let's go with large islands, that should be fun."

Civ: "Great choice!"

*Hours pass...*

Seb: "Well, I really should be getting to bed, I reached the Renaissance era and have built a strong, three city empire that generates tons of culture and religion. I also established some trade routes with every civ."

Civ: "I admire your use of the new features from Brave New World! You're getting pretty close to a cultural victory, you should play a few more turns!"

Seb: "Yeah you're right, maybe I'll play a few more minutes."

Civ: "One more turn."

Seb: "..."

Civ: "ONE MORE TURN. ONE MORE TURN."

Seb: "But... I have to work tomorrow."

Civ: "ONE MORE TURN MOTHERFUCKER. DO IT."

Seb: "Yes master."