September 30, 2017

Watch Dogs 2

Date played: September 28th
Platform: PS4

The DedSec team needed some relaxation, so they headed to a karaoke bar in Marin County to chill. It didn't last very long though, as we received some live pictures of ourselves, clearly showing that someone is spying on us. Marcus takes the lead and tries to find the spy. This led me to a delivery truck a few blocks away. I cleared the area of security guards, then began a large data transfer from the truck.

It took a long time, so I had to drive around a little bit to avoid the cops, but I lost them pretty easily. The data we stole was crazy though... Basically, it seems like the FBI is cracking down on hacker groups, such as DedSec, by recruiting hackers and having them work as double agents within hacker teams. We still need a lot of data to make sense of it, but it's a big deal. It also raises some suspicions about Ray, the legendary hacker that insisted on joining our cause. Is Ray a mole?

To get some more info, Wrench thought a meeting with Miranda, the councilwoman, could potentially help. The mission itself was very simple, as I just had to drive her around as she and Marcus discussed the issue, but she promised to help.

I then decided to complete a few side missions. I hacked a few NSA guys, and honestly, something feels wrong here. Some of these guys sound fucking insane... but I'm really not sure what's up with this whole story.
This ambush against the police and the paramedics was pretty tough

I also continued the police corruption side story. This time though, it was more than just drug deals. The cops were working with the paramedics to move dead bodies around... This shit is getting real serious... So the mission was one of the more difficult ones so far. I actually failed twice, and both times, it was because I accidentally blew up the ambulance I was supposed to steal. The first time, it's because of explosives that were a little close, and a little too powerful. The second time, it was because I hacked the ambulance to get out of the area, but it hit another car, which caught fire and then exploded in my face, destroying the ambulance and killing Marcus. Third time's the charm they say. I cleared the area without destroying the ambulance.