September 11, 2017

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Date played: September 10th
Platform: Switch

Well, my daughter didn't really have a lot of free time this weekend, so I only got to play a little bit of Rabbids Kingdom. Instead of going through the new levels, I decided to go back to the first world and take on some challenges, now that my team is much stronger. This was a good decision... While most of the challenges are more of a puzzle than anything, having decent firepower still makes it a lot easier.
Challenge levels are really difficult, but satisfying to solve

I played about a dozen challenge levels, including a few from the second world, and explored the world map with my newest exploration abilities. The challenges can be really tricky... In one map, I had to lure an ice stomper enemy from a distance, then position Mario between the lured enemy and another one, then end the turn. On their turn, the closest enemy would attack Mario, which bumped him back to the next enemy, which would bump Mario again, to the objective. It's hard to explain I guess, but it was really fucking clever.

Another challenge was all about using team jump to reach a location. Another was about clearing a path for Toad to escape. They kind of all revolve around a specific solution, usually solved within 1-3 turns. It's pretty cool, and it rewards me with cash and research points, so it's worth the trouble too. I think I've had enough of the challenges for now though, so hopefully, I can play world 3 next weekend!