September 4, 2017

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Date played: September 3rd
Platform: Switch

Luckily for me, it rained yesterday, which meant we had to find some stuff to do in the house, which meant, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle with my daughter!

We kind of played a lot actually, going through most of the second world, with only the 8th level left to complete. The exploration puzzles are starting to be a bit more interesting now, with more complex puzzles and more elaborate solutions, but still, it's nothing too fancy. Many of these were focused on saving Rabbid Mario, who we found stuck in an ice cube.

The battles are getting hairier and hairier too, I even encountered my first Game Over yesterday, as my team was wiped out by a fucking ice tornado. Yes, some levels have weird environmental challenges built in, including the aforementioned tornado of death. I'm still sticking with Mario, Luigi and Rabbid Peach, as it seems like a well balanced group. I think I need to rethink my skill tree though, and I'm not sure if I can re-allocate points or not... I'm thinking of making Rabbid Peach into a dashing monster, Mario into a stomper/close range brawler and Luigi as my long range sniper.
Luigi's long range is a powerful tool

I encountered a new, dangerous enemy type, the support. These guys don't have a decent main weapon, but they have grenades that hit hard and can destroy cover, and worst of all, they can heal their allies. I try to make these guys my top priority, but they are often hidden behind giant, dangerous enemies.

The mid-world boss was pretty tough, but I got through it successfully. It was actually against two different enemies, one that spit fire, the other that spit ice. I almost died in this one, because the mid-bosses have huge range and hit hard, but Luigi took care of the last few turns with his long range rifle. I fucking love this game so much, I wasn't expecting it to be so amazing!