September 23, 2017

Watch Dogs 2

Date played: September 21st
Platform: PS4

DedSec ran into some real trouble... It seems that our follower numbers were inflated by bots. This is devastating to DedSec, as it destroys their credibility. The source of the fake fans was a social media service called Invite, so of course, Marcus heads to their headquarters to hack into their systems and learn about the situation and hopefully, stop it.

After some sneaking around and some drone scouting, I made my way deep into the building and was about to complete the mission when I was interrupted by the ponytail guy who has been showing up. He was also the man who bumped into me at the party on the beach in the first moments of the game. Turns out, this guy is the head of Blume's ctOS team, and he's really just been playing with us.

In an instant, he plugged our backdoor access to ctOS and has red flagged Marcus in the system, making him a wanted criminal instantly. I had to escape the building and flee from a level 4 wanted level. This meant heavily armed police and helicopters... I made a run for it, but took a wrong turn inside the building. I almost died, but managed to reach a back door and escape to the streets. I called in a car with my phone and drove away as quickly as I could. I almost escaped by hiding in a tunnel, but my car got stuck.

I went for a nearby parked truck, but was seen by the cops and had to run away again. This time, I drove a good distance to lose the cars, then hid underneath an overpass to hide. This worked, but it was a little too close.

These events left DedSec and it's members devastated. It seems Marcus is the only one that still believes in the group, due to all the negative backlash from the internet and fellow hackers. Marcus won't give up though. Seeing that his friends need a morale boost

This brings us to the weirdest segment in the game yet, a hacking party in the desert. Everyone had festival outfits, with Wrench's leather strap outfit stealing the show. I explored the festival a little bit. There was a "bad poetry" exhibition, with audio of really bad poems scattered among neon plastic models. It was weird, but funny. Marcus convinces everyone to join the festival's competition as DedSec, even though everyone really things we're done with that name.
The Jabberwock is SOLVED!

The competition was super cool. I had to solve a hacking puzzle to activate the Jabberwock, a giant dragon structure. When I succeeded, I was rewarded with some hardcore flame-throwing from the structure, but more importantly, DedSec was still alive, at least in our minds. We met a mysterious man at the party, who offered us some drugs. High as a kite, the group parties all night.

Marcus quickly realized that the drug man was not just a crazy drug man. In fact, he's a world famous hacker named Ray (I think he made an appearance in the first game...), and he wants to join DedSec to help us rebuild and fight against Blume and the other corporate conglomerates that abuse people's data.

Back at headquarters, the group reluctantly accepts Ray into their ranks. He has great ideas, starting with a way for us to get back in the game. Horatio works for Nudle, the Google equivalent. We devise a plan to infiltrate Nudle and plant a backdoor access in their server farm. This is no easy task, except that Nudle bus drivers aren't really monitored very closely. We had a way in.

Marcus and Horatio stole a Nudle bus, then just drove it inside the Nudle campus, never raising any questions. The campus is fucking amazing... Ubisoft has done a wonderful job of making the place feel like the Google campus. I mean, the server room even had all the multicolored piping that was so famous on the internet a while back. We have access to the Nudle servers now, which will help us fight against Blume.