September 21, 2017

Watch Dogs 2

Date played: September 20th
Platform: PS4

San Francisco still holds many secrets, but aside from a couple of research points and research data, I focused more on the main missions and side missions last night. I started with a drone race, an activity I hadn't tried yet, but didn't do too well. The racing circuit was really cool, but clearly, my drone was too slow. There's a skill I'm missing, so I'll try again once I have it.

Next, I completed the last few graffiti tag missions. The last one was crazy, as I had to tag four different areas of the world famous Golden Gate Bridge! That thing is gigantic... The puzzles were relatively simple, but the view was absolutely incredible. After the last tag, I couldn't resist the urge to throw myself off and die in a glorious splatter, hundreds of meters below.
What a view!

I then decided to get back to the main missions. Good thing I did too, as I'm getting tutorials about things I've been doing for hours now... I first focused on the Haum story, a tech giant who is selling advanced gadgets to consumers. These gadgets gather a ton of data on people, which is then sold to other companies, including insurance and credit companies. As you can imagine, that can be devastating to people's lives. What's scary is that it doesn't seem very far from the truth...

The missions had me do a variety of activities, though most of them were easy to complete with my drones. I think it's because these were supposed to be really early missions, but I've done a lot of stuff already and have good equipment and skills. In the end, we hacked into a televised interview by the president of Haum, destroying some of their credibility. There's another guy that keeps showing up, ordering powerful people around, but there's not much info on him yet. The other story was focused on New Dawn, a large criminal organization hidden behind a zealous religious group. The missions here were a bit more involved.

By far, my favorite moment was in one of the missions, where I had to recover a truck from a restricted area. I sat, far away, in the safety of my luxury car and sent out my drone. I took out a number of guards by making shit explode, as you do in Watch Dogs. I sent in a couple of gang members. I wrecked the fucking place. Then the cherry on top. I remote controlled the truck I had to steal past the gates, right into the safety of the street. I then just drove over there and picked up my target, passing the mission without ever being close to the objective. It's fantastic really.