September 24, 2017

Watch Dogs 2

Date played: September 23rd
Platform: PS4

I completed one short side mission where I hacked a woman's bank account. The only real progress I made story-wise, was to identify the woman who has managed to hack into DedSec. She's from Prime Eight, and while completely annoying, is highly skilled also, and is helping the bad guy fuck with us, essentially. She even hacked Marcus' phone to have a pixelized cat show up on screen at random times. I have a mission to track her down now.
This Prime Eight hacker is fucking with us...

The rest of my time with the game yesterday was just fucking around. I mostly went after collectibles in Marin county, including research points, research data, paint jobs, clothing and even a unique sports car. I also played a sailboat race, which was pretty interesting.

I first had to buy a sailboat, and since I have tons of money, I went with the most expensive, most performing one available. The race I chose was around the world famous Alcatraz island, home to a derelict prison, turned into a tourist attraction. The sailboats don't have engines, obviously, so wind is the only way to propel the vessels forward. There's a wind indicator on the minimap, and you basically just have to line up your boat accordingly, while sailing around buoys. I did all right for my first race, but fucked up when the wind was just not going my way. I placed 3rd, but I know I will do much better next time.