September 11, 2017

Final Fantasy VII

Yuffie has joined my team!
Date played: September 10th
Platform: PS4

I had a few minutes to kill, so I played a bit of FFVII, though I really didn't get much done. Most of my time was spent walking through the world map and completing random battles, just outside of Fort Condor.

I knew this was a good time to recruit Yuffie, who I remembered had to be found in a forest, so I wandered the nearby forests until I got into a fight Yuffie. I beat her, then had to answer a series of questions accurately for her to join our party. Yuffie joined and replaced Red XIII in my current lineup. Yuffie is a peppy teenage ninja girl from a far away land. She uses a cool ranged weapon that looks like a giant shuriken, and she hits pretty hard.

With my newest party member in tow, I went to the next town, where Sephiroth was seen. Junon used to be a fishing town, but since Shinra has established itself there, the pollution from their reactors has killed any fishing business that was left. It's now more of an industrial village, dominated by an absolutely giant Shinra cannon at it's peak. The best way to get info on Sephiroth is to infiltrate the soldiers stationed in Junon.

I had to dress up in soldier gear and practice a parade with my fellow warriors. It was a bad mini-game, but it was a pretty funny situation...