July 9, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: July 8th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 7/10

Fuck you Pawnee drinking man. Fuck you.

I got the Social Lubricant trophy. I started by beating the drinking guy downtown, which turned out to be very manageable, if not exactly easy. Pawnee was a whole different story... There are thousands of complaints on the internet about this trophy being too hard, but with practice, determination and an hour to waste, I managed to win and beat level 10 against all three men. This means that as soon as I complete the campaign, I will have my first ever platinum trophy on Playstation!

I played through four missions of Act IV. I can smell the ending, as there are only five missions left in the entire game. Aiden met with Clara and T-Bone at the bunker. As they were working on decrypting the data recovered from Iraq's fortress, a hacker known as Defalt infiltrated our system and stole our data! He also revealed that Clara betrayed Aiden by giving his name out to someone...though I didn't catch who. Aiden pushed her away and got to work trying to trace Defalt to retrieve the data.

I found some clues by infiltrating a building's database while T-Bone retrieved some hardware nearby. I then had to protect him from thugs as he escaped. It gave us clues, but no data. I then met with Damien to negotiate a bit and stall him. Aiden and Damien are at a sort of stalemate... It was enough for the bad guy to still send a bunch of cops on the hero's tail, so I just drove away and hid until I escaped.

Defalt is an awesome character
We then went after Defalt who is an extremely skilled hacker who performs EDM shows in a club. The guy is so good that even Aiden's profiler was fully hacked. It displayed tons of funny stuff meant to tease Aiden. I infiltrated his systems and hacked my way through the most complex mini-game yet. When I broke through, Defalt escaped in a car so I chased him down. He used the tricks I normally use against me! He broke steam pipes and hacked traffic lights to slow me down, though I eventually crashed him and his fancy car into a telephone pole.