July 6, 2014

Mario Kart 8

Date played: July 6th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

Damn, I feel like I had some really bad luck tonight. Again, I played with my girlfriend online in split screen, but this time, the other players really had my number. Many times, I dropped from 1st, 2nd or 3rd place to the end of the pack. Blue shells, red shells, green shells, bananas, invincibility stars, piranha plants, bob-ombs, bloopers and lightning bolts all conspired to hit Bowser...

Mario Circuit is one of my favourite tracks
I'm a fighter though, so I always tried my hardest to reach the top of the pack. While I managed a few podiums, I haven't won tonight. In one disgraceful race, I even finished dead last in 12th... It's the first time that this happened and I hope it will be the last. My girlfriend is improving every day and is giving me a run for my money on some tracks, though she still struggles on the more complex tracks.