July 7, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: July 6th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through Act III and completed all the side quests in the game. I found all the missing persons, all women with blood diseases, and tracked down the killer. He was a deranged psychopath who was trying to get caught that also had a blood disease. He went down with a quick bullet to the head. I also collected all of Maurice's phones and it's clear that he was coerced into doing what he did. It's also clear that he deeply regrets and suffers from Aiden's niece's death.

The story is moving along at a nice pace. It started with Aiden tailing a Blume helicopter with a dirt bike through the rural Pawnee area. I then took out a big crew of Blume thugs in a trailer park and got enough information to assault the company's office nearby. This was a cool mission as I had to stay undetected, which gives me a chance to play with the cool hacking toys at my disposal. Now that I have big weapons and tons of explosives, straight up shooting segments devolve into third person shooting straight out of Gears of War with a bit of GTA mixed in, so the stealth stuff feels good.

After clearing Kennedey's, AKA T-Bone's, records from the ctOS server at Blume headquarters, I found out that Damien Brenks revealed that T-Bone is working with me to Blume. Of course, this meant a huge firefight. It was held in T-Bone's junkyard which is filled with robotic traps. I used these traps to kill everyone then we ran away to the bunker in Chicago.

The campaign is starting to feel like a high tech Gears of War...and that's cool
Finally, I continued the assault on Iraq's server by going in there with guns blazing. I have to say, Aiden Pierce is one brutal motherfucker... I killed all enemies in there, often with the LMG and grenades to reach to server room and steal all the data. Once I was done, I had to confront Iraq himself on the rooftop. He sent a very heavily armored guard which I had to pummel with explosives including IED's, grenades, grenade launcher rounds and a few environmental hacks. I then took out Iraq and his empire and left with the precious data. I now have to meet Damien to make the exchange for Nicky.