July 26, 2014

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: July 22nd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

What am I doing with my life?!?

I've played over 100 hours of Skyrim on PS3 when it came out and it was one of the best games I've ever played. Now, I have a badass PC and the legendary edition which comes bundled with all three DLC packs was on sale for 15$ on Steam...so I bought it again.

The first time around, I hadn't bought any DLC, and the PS3 version was a complete mess. I played through the intro sequence and into Riverwood. I made a Red Guard this time and I think I will make it some sort of battle mage. Magic in one hand, something blunt, spiky or shiny in the other.

Skyrim.... again
I really only wanted to check out how it looks for now, so I stopped when I reached Riverwood, but I was not disappointed. I am running it on the highest settings, in 1080p and the framerate just doesn't drop. It's quite refreshing after the PS3 version's blurry, choppy mess. Considering the firepower in my machine now, I don't intend to play this game again until I've had a chance to install some of the crazy mods out there first.