July 29, 2014

Grid 2

Date played: July 28th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

I'm almost done with the 3rd season of the WSR. The Asian season has been interesting and seems to have more events overall. I should mention that I've been playing all the special time trials that unlock vehicles as well as all the promo events that have special cars and race types. I had a fun time driving a BAC Mono during one of the special overtake events. The BAC Mono is an open wheel, light weight race car that runs like a fucking dream.

There were many drift events which I completed in a Honda S2000. That thing drifts easily and looks great as it roars through the mountains, puffs of smoke in it's trail. It doesn't hurt that I gave it a hot pink paint job... I also completed many checkpoint events.

Yas Marina is fun to race on
Yas Marina is a great circuit track. I ran a BMW 320 Touring car on it and really enjoyed how it drives. It's a grippy car, which works well with a circuit track. There are penalties for going off track and cutting corners, so the racing line is more important than ever on this track. The beautiful seaside view, cool looking buildings, fireworks and night lighting make this track a pleasure to navigate. I have one, 4 leg event left to win before I can move on to season 4.