July 1, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: June 30th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through a few missions of Watch Dogs campaign. It started with an assault on a ship yard. The gang who attacked Jackson and kidnapped Nicole had their headquarters there, so Aiden thought it was a good idea to get in there and try to interrogate the leader. It was sort of like a gang hideout mission except it was a bit more scripted and had great music. After I hacked a computer and left a room, there was an automatic slow motion effect as I was confronted by a large armoured man. I then chased down the leader with a car and figured out that he couldn't help me much.

Then, as Aiden goes back to his motel room, Clara, or Badboy17, shows up. While they talked, someone intruded the apartment and started shooting up the place. I'm not sure who it is, but we had to fight our way out through dozens of thugs. On my first attempt, Clara was shot and I had to restart. I was more aggressive the second time and escaped.

Clara told Aiden about a legendary bunker that was supposed to be cut off from ctOS, so it seemed like a nice place to set up. To get there, we had to track down a local dude. He is the only person we found that was able to move the bridge that leads to the island bunker. I found him playing poker, played a few rounds with him to get information, but he started running away. I chased him on foot and convinced him to give us the remote to the bridge.

I then got on the island and activated it's power supply by finding three switches throughout the yard, which was filled with containers and cranes. When we turned it on, we managed to get inside the bunker and discovered some amazing networking equipment that is invisible to ctOS. It seems like we found our base of operations.
Aiden and Clara's new base

I also completed the last criminal convoy mission. Amazingly, the target was Olivier Garceau, the CEO of Abstergo entertainment from Assassin's Creed IV. It was a rough one too, with quite a few enforcers and some limousines to destroy.