July 3, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: July 2nd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through a few missions in Act II. It turns out the briefcase I was tracking was about a secret auction held by Lucky Quinn, the Club mob boss. After a bit of investigation, I discovered that the auction was for women to be used as sexual slaves... I found out by hacking one of the bidder's phone who was shopping for a high end car. It ended in a chase sequence where I rammed the pervert into a telephone pole and knocked him out.

I then took his identity to get the invite from a nearby club where I met the lady assigned to me as a gift, a woman known as Poppy who attacked me, but soon changed her ways as she saw I was here to help. When I went to the auction proper, I found a disgusting world of people who enjoy buying others for sexual pleasure. The flavor text for this stuff is truly awful and disturbing. After meeting Lucky Quinn and picking up Poppy, it was clear that my cover was blown. Someone got suspicious I guess. I left the girl there and promised to get her and her friends some help. I snuck out through the basement and shot up a few guards, then called the cops, hoping that they would discover the auction.

The human trafficking auction...
That's when I got a call from Jackson's temporary caregiver, saying he went missing. I tracked him down by finding his tablet on the ctOS and went in to rescue him from some sort of factory. He went there because he saw a truck labelled "Racine", the men who kidnapped his mother. I came in, killed everyone and found Jackson hiding in a security monitoring room... It turns out he saw Aiden kill all the guards and was completely traumatized, rightfully so.

A new set of side missions opened up where Aiden must hack some auction bidder's phones, then invade their homes via ctOS and scan their briefcases to get them on the police's radar. I'll be playing through those before continuing the story...