July 12, 2014

Civilization V

Date played: July 11th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

My mistress calls and her name is Sid Meier's Civilization V. I picked the Iroquois nation and a map modelled after the North American East Coast. The Iroquois are pretty cool as they get nice bonuses for forest tiles. I was lucky enough to start in the North of the map, which of course is full of forests, deer, foxes and other forest based elements.

My Iroquois nation spans 6 major cities
I started off a bit slow. I had problems early on with my cash flow and aggressive barbarians. I also had some problems with happiness. I had good production though which helped me kick-start everything else. It wasn't too long before I had 6 cities, covering the east coast and a bit of central North America. I don't have a real focus, but I'm doing well in everything but money so far. I have a pretty strong religion, good production overall, a good amount of wonders and have started a bit of tourism. Science is doing all right too. My military is decent, but nothing that would win a war. The other civs have been relatively quiet, and I have good trade relations with Germany and a few city-states.