July 8, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: July 7th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 2/10

So.... this is going to be one of the most stupid posts on this blog in a long time...

I have almost all the trophies for this game since I played so much of it and most of it didn't require that I go out of my way to complete. However, one of the mini-game related trophies still eludes me. It requires that I beat 10 levels of the drinking game against all three opponents. I spent a lot of time going through one of them and completed it without too much trouble. Another one I already got to level 5 because it offered a nice shotgun as a reward earlier in the game, so I just have 5 levels left with this one.

At least I'm done with this guy...
The last one is giving me trouble. I made it to level 5 but the timing is really fucking tight on it and is really difficult. These are all quick time events where I must match the analog stick location and button presses before time expires. It's simple, but the targets are hard to reach within the time limit. Plus, there are a lot of phases to each level and if I fail, it's a boring 2 minute jog to the bar to retry. I'll keep trying though as this would be my first platinum trophy after all these years.