July 21, 2014

Grid 2

Date played: July 20th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a whole lot of Grid 2... I completed the second season which was set in Europe. A lot of the street racing took place on the streets of Paris and Barcelona. A few were set on the Red Bull Ring which is a short but really fun track. There were also a few on Cote D'Azur, another fun track. I tried out a new event type, Overtake. I enjoyed it quite a bit... The objective is to overtake as many trucks on the track as possible without having any collisions. Every time a truck is overtaken, the score multiplier goes up. At first I was hitting everything in my path but I soon learned to drive smoothly to achieve high scores.
The Mercedes 190 E has served me well

My favorite car so far has been a Mercedes 190 E. It's classified as balanced, so it can drift a bit if needed, but is also very stable. It's also pretty fast for it's class and looks really classy. I spiffed it up a bit with some nice pastel colors and used it in many races. Now that the Europe events are completed for this tier, I am moving on to Asia. I was awarded a Nissan Skyline to start the series, good start!