July 20, 2014

Grid 2

Date played: July 19th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

In the last 6 years, I've played my PC games on two gaming laptops, a Dell and an MSI. While it was very practical, the performance wasn't always as good as I hoped. I've been thinking about this for over a year, but I finally pulled the trigger on a desktop gaming monster! With the latest i5k processor and a GTX 770, my beast is ready to rock.
Fuck yeah!

Grid 2 is a game I love, but has to stop playing due to performance issues on my laptop. It's the first game I installed on my new machine and I was not disappointed! I have a nice setup in my basement with a 55 inch TV, surround sound and a controller. I was able to run Grid 2 on it's highest settings at 1080p with the smoothest framerate I've seen. It really looks fucking incredible...The lighting and reflections are particularly jaw-dropping.

I played half a dozen events and won them all. This includes a few eliminator events, a couple of races, a time trial or two and a special race to unlock a Mercedes.