January 1, 2013

Hill Climb

Date played: Every day for 5 minutes since I got an iPad...
Platform: iPad
Session fun rating: 8/10

Hill Climb is better than it should be
My girlfriend and I share an iPad that we got ourselves for Christmas. While I know there are tons of great games on iOS, I haven't messed around with it myself so I have been trying out what my girlfriend plays. Hill Climb is a really cool, 2D vehicle platformer, akin to Trials in a lot of ways. The game has tons of levels, vehicles and upgrades to unlock by spending points won during runs.

The objective of the game is to get as far as possible in the level without crushing the little guy's neck. So far, I have unlocked the jeep, the dirt bike and the monster truck. The jeep is a ton of fun but eventually, even with many upgrades, it's easier to get through with the bike. The game controls surprisingly well since there are only two buttons, negating any issues I usually have with touch controlled games. Anyway, I've been playing this thing way too often not to post about it so there you go.