January 16, 2013

GTA IV: The Lost and Damned

Date played: January 15th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

Man, this game has a way of being interesting, yet being really frustrating to play. Lots of shit went down, most of it revolving around drugs. We tried to sell the heroine we had stolen from the Angels of Death back to some Asian gangsters but it turned out that it had been their drugs the whole time. Needless to say, they were fucking pissed. Things got weird though as Johnny and Jim killed a bunch of these dudes as the leader of the gang, Billy, and his little bitch Brian were waiting for us in the street. Cops came in and arrested Billy, but Brian got away.

Johnny Klebitz, looking cool on his chopper
This is where the gang fell apart. Brian accused Johnny of being a snitch and splintered the crew. After a few missions, we basically went after him and killed him. I also went on a few missions for Liz, the crazy Puerto Rican drug lord from GTA IV. She had me do a bunch of drug related missions. This is where things got a little frustrating. One mission had me wait at a toll booth to take out some competing gangsters which should have been pretty straight forward. However, I got stuck in geometry more than I should have and had to restart multiple times. I also had to pick up a drug mule at the airport and outrun a helicopter. It did it, but it was with the help of shitty AI that crashed the helicopter into the ground by accident. Another mission had me dropping pipe bombs to take out cars but the whole mechanic is shitty. What I'm getting at, is that I don't really like PLAYING this game, yet I enjoy the experience anyway. It's weird, I hope GTA V has more solid gameplay.