January 3, 2013

Civilization V

My current leader
Date played: January 2nd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

Damn this game, damn this game and all it's awesomeness. I installed Windows 8 yesterday (it's pretty great!) and as part of that process, I tested all the games I have installed to see if they all work. For everything else, it was just making sure it ran. For Civ V, it turned into a two hour, elephant-filled Carthaginian empire run.

I picked completely random settings including civilization, map size and length. I ended up on a small map with lots of other civs around me. I now have four cities from north to south and I have a relatively small piece of land. I am well positioned though and have two city-states to the west and two city-states to the east. The Romans are dangerously close though and I can see a war breaking out at some point. I decided to take over one of the nearby city-states to have a bit more land to my name and have been using elephants and Carthage-specific ships to attack it but it's kind of slow. We'll see where things go next time.