January 19, 2013

GTA IV: The Lost and Damned

Date played: January 19th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finished The Lost and Damned. The last third of the game was a lot better than the rest of it. It all started with a great getaway mission, an on-rail sequence. I rode on the back of Malc's crotch rocket bike with a full automatic shotgun with unlimited ammo and no reloading. I blew up tons of cop cars and helicopters and I had a blast doing it! Then Ashley, Johnny's junkie girlfriend, called for help. She got in trouble with some Russians and Johnny had to kidnap a dude to pay off her drug debt.

That dude was none other than Roman Bellic, Niko's cousin. After the kidnapping, Johnny was called by Ray, the Italian gangster, to help his crew (and Niko) steal diamonds in the memorable mission from GTA IV. In the end, Johnny ended up with the cash but Ray found out. Hell broke loose and I had to kill a ton of bad guys until I found out that Billy had been ratting Johnny out to the feds.

Johnny on his bike in downtown Liberty CIty
The last mission was a crazy assault on the Liberty City prison to get to Billy and kill him before he could talk... Honestly, that has to be one of the stupidest plans I've ever heard, good thing it was still fun to play. In the end, Billy is dead, the Lost club house is destroyed and Johnny is sort of depressed. I liked this game, but I still hope the shooting and movement controls are better in GTA V. Next on the list is The Ballad of Gay Tony.