January 30, 2013

Wipeout 2048

Altima's big drop
Date played: January 29th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played two quick races while on break at work in the 2050 campaign. The races are faster than ever and I seem to favor agility ships as the speed increases. I've taken a liking to the Auricom agility ship for the higher speed classes. It's fast enough and handles like a dream. I won the first event but it took me two attempts. The first time I tried, I quickly realized this was a new track and crashed a bit too often to win. The next time though, I made it to first place after only one lap.

The track itself is Altima and is quite fun as it features amazing speed, a spectacular drop and a portion of the track that is littered with patches of water. It's actually one of my favorite tracks and I only played it twice!

The next one was a rude awakening though. Sol is a crazy fucking track that is literally in the sky ans has almost no borders on the side so it's very easy to fall off. I had to learn it the hard way by replaying the event 5 or 6 times before I managed to squeak into third place at the last second.

The track looks amazing, plays well and is fun, but to win I had to use a ship with the maximum handling stat. Wipeout 2048 is awesome.