January 12, 2013

Borderlands 2

Date played: January 11th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played some Borderlands 2 with my buddy, a level 20 commando, while I was still a level 12 siren. Obviously, he did a lot more damage than I did and at first, we were doing it wrong since we went to do some low level quests. Eventually, we realized the XP was awful so we bumped it up a notch and completed a story mission where we had to go rescue Roland, the commando from the first game.

This game looks great on PC.
This was kind of like a dungeon in an RPG with multiple rooms, layers and a linear path. There were tons of enemies and thank God by friend was there, otherwise I would have had a really hard time getting through. Eventually, we found Roland but he was kidnapped once again, this time by robots. We then went on to kill dozens of robots. My phaselock ability combined with it's healing abilities helped us out quite a bit for some of the Badass loaders as they could overwhelm us quickly. I picked a huge upgrade for my shotgun and my pistol at the same time.

After all that, my friend left the game but I kept playing a bit and completed a weird mission where I had to bring a midget to the mouth of a giant mechanical dragon for him to be burned alive as a reward for his hard work... Weird.