January 10, 2013

Mario Kart 7

Maybe I need this bad boy
Date played: January 9th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 5/10

I was fiddling around with my 3DS, watching some Dinosaur Office and since my MK7 cartridge was already in there, I played a quick Street Pass Grand Prix. I'm not 100% sure how this feature works but I know that I get random tracks and I race the other person's Mii. As usual, I used Donkey Kong and his green kart and while I won the GP, I was rusty as hell.

I had forgotten how to get a boost from jumps and if I had to wiggle the stick or not when drifting to get boost. The biggest thing that surprised me was how uncomfortable it was to hold the 3DS for this game. My friend recently got a 3DS XL and I realize now that while the bigger screen is nice, the real benefit of the XL is ergonomics. My relatively small hands felt cramped as hell as I was trying to race and power slide efficiently. Maybe if I find a good deal on an XL I'll go for it...