December 30, 2012

Assassin's Creed 3

Date played: December 28th and 29th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through a few story missions but mostly I went through a ton side missions. Assassination missions are kind of lame. I just need to get to my target and kill him. Usually, it's just a normal looking citizen with nothing special about the whole thing.
Stéphane Chapheau is a violent man

One of the story missions had me meet Stéphane Chapheau, a gutsy French-Canadian who refused to pay taxes. I helped him out and he pledged allegiance to my cause, becoming my first real recruit. Recruits can be called in at any time during combat to help fight and such. Chapheau is a melee fighter. Later on, he decided to go after the enemy directly by shouting in the streets like a madman and picking fights with Loyalists. This opened up a new set of side missions where I have to liberate parts of Boston by fighting enemies, freeing slaves and prisoners as well as a few other mini quests. Once a section of the city is freed, I can get a new recruit. I only managed one so far, a marksman that essentially snipes targets with a rifle. I also spent some time looting chests that I hadn't found before with the help of a chest map.