August 7, 2012

Wipeout 2048

Date played: August 6th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played a few events in Wipeout 2048 and ended the first season. I am now about to start the 2049 season. One of the main things that is very different in this game from the others in the series is that there are now two item pad types, one for offensive weapons like missiles and quake and another for defensive weapons like shields and auto-pilot. This adds a bit more strategy to weapon pick ups as you can chose to be either more offensive or defensive, something that would work great in a game like Mario Kart.

Every single game should have a photo mode.
I unlocked a few new ships including two from AG-Systems, now my favorite team. I also played four or five combat events which are basically a big demolition derby in anti-gravity. The objective is to gather lots of points by damaging and destroying other ships while avoiding your own ship's destruction. It's a really fun mode but it was a bit too easy so far, I managed the Elite pass and more on the first try. On to 2049!