August 24, 2012

Supaboy special edition!

Date played: August 23rd
Platform: Supaboy
Session fun rating: 8/10

A buddy of mine at work talked to me about this great little device called a Supaboy. It's essentially a portable SNES that plays the original carts, has a rechargeable lithium ion battery, an RCA TV out and even two slots for real controllers. It works really nicely. I played both Super Mario World and Super Tennis on it with success and honestly, it seems to output an even cleaner picture than my original SNES.

It's more of a novelty than anything but it was interesting to see that it could act as a full SNES replacement. The screen looks nice but it's nothing really special which is why I am thankful for the TV out. The buttons are also a little stiff right now but I'm sure I will break them in nicely with time.