August 8, 2012

Alice Madness Returns

Date played: August 7th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 5/10

Urgh. This game doesn't know when to stop. While the platforming is really top notch and the combat is surprisingly good, the levels are just a little too long and repetitive. I completed the third chapter and I'm sitting at something like 9 hours played. That's a lot for a game like this. There were two more 2D levels and two block puzzles but this time, no fetch quests. I just had to reach the top of the mountain where the Caterpillar lives. It was a bit of a bland ending to the chapter compared to the first two. All that happened was a conversation with the guy who told me I should go after the Queen next.

Porcelain bitches and knives. Fuck yeah.
There was then a brief scene in the real world where Alice had been imprisoned by the guards because of her rambling and such. As soon as she was released, she fell back into Wonderland, this time in the Queen's playing card world. I played through the first little platforming section which was set in the sky with floating playing cards as the platforms. I reached a castle (of cards of course) then I stopped playing. This section was definitely ramping up the platorming difficulty. I wonder how far from the end I am?