August 20, 2012

Transformers Fall of Cybertron demo

Date played: August 20th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

Holy shit this game play well! I absolutely loved War for Cybertron and the sequel seems to be even better than the original. The demo had two short sections of two levels, one for Autobots and one for Decepticons. The Autobot one was more of a tutorial, teaching me the controls and was very flashy, almost Uncharted-esque in a way. Things flying out of windows, cut-scenes mid game and even Optimus Prime being thrown at Bumblebee by Megatron. I played as Bumblebee and really, this is a third person shooter without cover mechanics. It feels good not to play another Gears clone in third person honestly.

Hurrah for non Micheal Bay Transformers!
The second part was also really cool, this time with a Decepticon I didn't know. He could transform into a helicopter and a jet and there was a lot of air combat. In fact, there was a big open section where I killed one guys with regular weapons and switching on the fly (lol) to the helicopter to flank them and shoot missiles at Autobots. It was fucking awesome.

I want to play this game but it will have to wait for now. I will be definitely getting it on PC though since I'm sure my machine will make it look nicer than the PS3.