August 28, 2012

Darksiders 2

Date played: August 27th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I completed the dungeon I was playing and found the construct I was looking for. There was a pretty epic boss fight where I had to avoid it's attacks and throw explosive goo at it to defeat him. Then I woke the construct who opened the way to the next dungeon, the Forge. I'm trying to find a guardian that is supposed to be able to help me get to the tree of life.
I beat this guy. Fuck yeah.

The new dungeon is interesting, full of lava and dangerous platforms. I need to find three Maker souls in there to power the big construct. Again, lots of platforming, puzzle solving and combat. There's a good balance between all these things and for a game starring Death, one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse, there's a surprising number of green vistas and color. I was expecting the game to be darker than the first but so far, it's been more light hearted and easier on the eyes. I only found of the the souls and am now searching for the next two. One of the makers is following me and helping me jump big gaps and open enormous doors.