August 2, 2012

Gravity Rush demo

You're welcome.
Date played: August 2nd
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 6/10

I had this demo sitting on my home screen for a while and never got around to play it until today. It turns out, Gravity Rush seems like a good game with some really cool gravity shifting mechanics. Essentially, the heroine, Kat, can float in the air and set any axis as the "floor". There is also combat which is pretty simple with the exception that Kat can do a flying gravity kick, launching herself at an enemy from any position. The controls are tight but there is forced motion sensing aiming which could get troublesome. The story is mostly presented in motion comic format with a cool twist. The panels can be moved using the motion sensors, it looked so cool it made me wish the Vita had a 3D display, it would have looked amazing. The demo was really short but I like this game and will consider buying it next time I need a new game.