August 26, 2012

Darksiders 2

Date played: August 25th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

Another day playing Darksiders, a few other dungeons. I actually completed two side quests, one involving the death of a wooden giant named Gorewood and the other a simple optional dungeon to retrieve a hammer for one of the makers. Both dungeons were great, high quality affairs involving much platforming, very similar to Prince of Persia actually. Both also made Death a lot more powerful with weapon drops and level ups. I've also started using a possessed weapon from one of the pre-order bonuses on Steam. A possessed weapon is basically a weapon that can be upgraded by absorbing other weapons into them. I ended up with a strong mace with critical chance, critical damage, frost and piercing damage.

Death activates a construct
Then I moved on to the next big story mission which has me looking for a big construct in the Lost Temple. A construct is basically a machine that gets powered by a soul key of sorts. The construct is supposed to be able to bring me to the Tree of Life. The dungeon revolves mostly around using smaller constructs to navigate the environment. Death rides them, uses them as a weapon and even as a platform  in some cases. It's unique and makes for some great mechanics throughout. I'm not 100% done with the dungeon but I think I'm close.