August 22, 2012

Darksiders 2

Date played: August 21st
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I had time to play through a dungeon that had me restore water flow to the cauldron the Makers use. It was a pretty cool dungeon that had lots of little puzzles, amazing architecture and a cool boss. There were two places I had to re-establish water flow which resulted in two different wings to the place. Most of it involved moving energy balls to power gates and such. There were also lots of bombs to grab and move to places as well as a bunch of little enemies scattered throughout.

Amazing environments
After doing the puzzles, there was a boss fight, a giant sort of beetle thing that I had to throw a large rock at to flip it over and damage it. I've also been using my summoned ghouls quite liberally. It's cool because they keep some of the smaller enemies off me and damage the enemies quite a bit. I also have tons of loot now and am trying out different combinations. There's some stats that I don't really understand like Strength and Piercing but I see big numbers flying out of enemies so I figure we're cool.