August 23, 2012

Sound Shapes

The editor rocks
Date played: August 22nd
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

One of my brothers came over last night to use my balance (really, he needed to know for parachuting) and he wanted to check out Sound Shapes. We played a few levels, passing around the controller. We played a level from each album and my brother, being a big music fan, really enjoyed it. We took our time and even matched our progress to the music.

Then we checked out the level editor and while it was lots of fun on PS3, it was much easier to use on Vita because of the touch controls. I created an improvised level with a big mix of different sounds and such. It's amazing how easy it was to create a good beat and an interesting look. I'm really excited to create a real level. We also tried out a few created levels and again, it was a seamless experience. Levels loaded quickly and were mostly fun to play. We even played a level based on Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes.