August 4, 2012

Alice Madness Returns

Date played: August 3rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 6/10

I love the pepper grinder!
I completed the second world, the Carpenter's, and it was pretty cool throughout. The last little bit had me fighting monsters in an arena which wasn't super fun because it became a bit too repetitive but the last scene was so gory and disturbing that it made it all worth it. Basically, the Carpenter, who is a giant sea lion, eats a bunch of cute dancing clams in a bloody mess. I have to say, this game is kind of... haunting in a way. It's weird, the music is creepy and the whole thing is just disturbing, in a good way.

I started the next world which is the Caterpillar's and it looks promising so far although it took a bit too long to get started. It has a nice look to it. I also picked up a new weapon which I'm not sure I like yet. It's a tea kettle that acts as a cannon of sorts. The problem is that it's a little bit slow to charge up and has to be selected over the pepper grinder, something I'm not too happy about, I LOVE my pepper grinder! Speaking of which, the weapons can be upgraded. I upgraded the Vorpal blade first and am now working on the pepper grinder.