November 22, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: November 21st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

Most of my time was spent following a Brotherhood of Steel quest line. I followed various distress signals by tuning in to them on my Pip-Boy's radio, then checking the signal strength to hone in on the distress beacon. This led me to various dangerous areas. In the earlier parts of the quest, I fought ghouls and a few raiders, but it wasn't long before I was fighting Super Mutants.

Super Mutants can be very difficult, depending on their equipment and level. More than once, I had to fall back to heal and use line of sight to my advantage to survive. I've also taken to using chems when fighting difficult enemies. I got addicted more than once to Buffout, Jet and other useful battle drugs. Jet works really well with my little .38 pistol since it lets me just fill the enemy with bullets at high speed. After finding all the dead bodies of the Brotherhood soldiers, I found a holotape that gave me the coordinates for a small bunker at the Northern end of the map. I found an old Brotherhood soldier there who had been living on scraps for years. Using my charisma, I convinced him to rejoin the Brotherhood, then reported back to Paladin Danse.
I decapitate a Super Mutant from above
As part of the Minutemen quest line, I went to assist some farmers. Their son had left to join a nearby raider gang, the Foundry. He brought a family heirloom, a sword, with him as a tribute to the raiders My job was to bring the sword back. I fought dozens of raiders inside their foundry until I reached Slag, the leader of the group, and the farmer's son. I convinced the kid to go back to his family and fought Slag, who was equipped with Power Armor. I killed him, got the sword and brought the kid back to his family.

Back in my settlement, I was starting to have a lot of power armor laying around, so I decided to build myself a new building dedicated to managing my power armor. I built a large metal building and placed my 7 power armor frames around the room. I put most of my pieces on the frames. Then I decorated with a bar, some stools, a radio and a jukebox, as well as a small bed and some good lighting.