November 24, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: November 23rd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

The Silver Shroud continues fighting crime! It seems that I garnered the attention of a gang due to my recent actions. So I hunted down two of their leaders, confronted them as the Shroud and killed them, leaving my calling card behind at each scene. I even confronted my first random Deathclaw. It took a few chems, some healing items and lots of bullets, but I took it down with my pistols! It was during one of these assassinations that I found a special hunting rifle that adds plasma damage to each shot... I quickly went back to base to slap some upgrades on it. It didn't disappoint... along with more skill points into rifles, I'm finding my long range combat options to be better and better all the time.

I tested out my new gear by clearing out Faneuil Hall for a Brotherhood of Steel quest. The famous building has been infested by Super Mutants. Again, there's some great text to read in the terminals, detailing the arguments between the historical preservationists, the merchants of the hall and the building managers. I got killed a few times here because the mutants loved to throw a slew of grenades at me, but I made it through after a few attempts.

Then I met Bobbi No-Nose in Goodneighbour, a sly ghoul that wanted to hire me to be part of her digging team. She clearly had something to hide, but I had heard she pays well, so I agreed to help her. The first step of the quest was to help Mel, a robotics engineer, escape from Diamond City jail. Thankfully, I already had picked up the key to the cells when I was exploring earlier in the game, so I just opened the door and freed him.
Bobbi No-Nose
Back in Goodneighbour, we started digging under the city using a custom made robot built by Mel. The objective was to break into a strongroom built under Diamond City to steal supplies and weapons. As we dug through, I had to fight some high level mirelurks, some of them pretty tough to beat, though my trusty 10MM pistol can fuck shit up real quick.

Unfortunately, Bobbi No-Nose is a two face lying bitch. She led us to Hancock's supply depot instead where we were confronted by Hancock's security crew. I put on my charisma gear and convinced Bobbi to leave without fighting and was rewarded with a high end minigun!