November 27, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: November 26th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I didn't play much in the last few days, life being what it is. I started by visiting Hancock to apologize for raiding his storage building. He decided that he wanted to see the world instead of lead his city, so he joined my crew. I still use the dog as my companion, so I sent Hancock to my settlement.

Then I decided to play one of the main story missions last night. According to the citizens of the Commonwealth, the best way to find a missing person is to hire a detective and the best one in town is supposed to be Valentine. However, when I got to his office in Diamond City, his secretary informed me that he had been kidnapped, so I had to go rescue him.
Detective Valentine
This led me to Vault 114, a weird vault built right in the middle of the city, the facilities re-purposed from a subway station. The place is now occupied by the Triggermen, old school gangsters with tommy guns, suits and stylish hats. I fought my way through the grunts and found interesting information about the purpose of the vault. Vault 114 was meant for the aristocrats, the decision-makers, the rich people. The trick is that the overseer was to be a person that resents authority. According to some of the audio tapes I found, they picked a conspiracy theorist with a terrifying lack of intelligence...

Anyway, I eventually found Valentine and freed him by killing his captors. I was surprised to see that Valentine is not exactly human, he looks like he's some sort of cyborg, or robot, though I didn't get more information from him. As we exited the vault, we were confronted by the leader of the Triggermen and his crew, but I convinced them to let us go... Valentine agreed to help me find my son, so I must meet him in Diamond City.