November 14, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: November 13th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

The real reason my brother came over was to play Fallout 4 with me. Armed with two televisions and two PS4's, we headed out into the wasteland together. The game doesn't have multiplayer of course, but we just picked a spot on the map that both of us hadn't explored, then headed there at the same time.
Yes, this happened.
This went on for a long time, as we jumped from place to place. We found various interesting locations, including a canal that was infested with Bloodbugs, giant mosquitoes. They were actually pretty tough to kill, though we made it through ok. We found a supermutant base too, but we were clearly too weak to get anything done there. The best part is when we found an old town filled with house robots. Each building had it's set of robots and while they looked to be friendly at first, it wasn't long before we were attacked by them. For example, in the town's restaurant, I was seated by the robot, who then asked how I would like to be served. "Chopped, diced or shredded?". It wasn't until the robot was shooting at me that I understood he meant to chop, dice or shred me...

Online coop Fallout would be absolutely incredible, but I don't think this will ever happen... I had a really good time with my brother. We upgraded our gear multiple times, found a few fusion cores to power our power armor and discovered interesting locations.