November 16, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: November 15th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

My gunslinger continues to roam the wasteland. I completed a lot of small quests for the Brotherhood of Steel. These missions are all fairly short and simple, but they reward me with good EXP and some cash. It also helps me have some structure and direction during my travels. I fought ghouls, raiders and even a few Supermutants while clearing the designated areas.

I also spent some time clearing out a few settlement locations, though I never intend to use them as more than a fast travel point. Back home in Sanctuary, I made some minor changes to my house and settlement. I planted more crops, installed a few more defenses, decorated a bit more, upgraded my power armor and organized my inventory a bit.
I hunt bloatflies with my shotgun
My travels continue taking me closer and closer to Diamond City, the biggest city in the Commonwealth. I guess it's Boston... On my way there, I entered a random building and was ambushed by a real horde of Supermutants. Those dudes don't fuck around... I can' definitely kill them, but in this case, there was one of them that was armed with a mini-nuke. Making that shit go off inside a building is real bad news, so I died multiple times trying to clear out the place. I gave up, and will have to come back with a better plan some other time.

I found a shack near the river where a man had set up his home. By collecting clues in his house, I gathered that he and his cow had been attacked repeatedly by bloatflies and other dangerous, mutated insects. Reading his diary, I discovered that the man had lost his silver locket in the lake, a memento of his late wife. He dived into the lake to retrieve it, but drowned... I dived into the lake, found his corpse and looted his safe key. I then emptied his house of all it's valuable possessions...