November 12, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: November 11th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I built myself a really cool house!

As soon as I started the game, I spent almost 2 hours building my house and putting stuff in it's place. I think I've got a pretty good layout too... On the main floor, I've got a large area dedicated to all the gameplay stuff, like the workbenches to modify armor and weapons, the power armor rack, the cooking station and the chemistry station. I have a little lobby/sitting room. I have a rough kitchen area, with just a table, chairs and a few storage cabinets. Upstairs, I made a big balcony overlooking my settlement, complete with tables and a radio. Then I made a little bathroom, which is completely useless, but makes the place feel more welcoming. Then I have a large bedroom with a simple bed, some cabinets and a couch.

I created a generator and a wind mill to have a source of power, both of which are mainly used for lighting my house. It looks really cool and I'm sure it will serve me well as a hub throughout the game.
I'm really proud of my house...
Then I finally played the actual game for a while. Following some hints from the people in my settlement, I went East to act as a Minuteman, a problem solver on call. After carefully avoiding a large bear that stood in the road, I stumbled upon a man tending to a large water reservoir. I helped him by jumping into the irradiated water and turning off some valves. Then, I found the couple that needed the Minutemen who tasked me with attacking a large group of Raiders, far South of my location. I decided to explore a bit more before doing that.

During my travels, still near the starting area, I stumbled upon a diner where two drug dealers were threatening a woman and her teen son. Apparently, the drug dealer got the kid addicted to Jet, a drug. Then the kid got in debt with him. Now it was time to collect. I tried reasoning with them, then reasoning with the mother, but I wasn't successful. In fact, the lady got pissed that I got involved, pulled a gun on me and tried to kill me... I had to kill her and her son. The drug dealer set up shop in the diner, thanked me for my help and gave me some money...

I also found a small farm. The owner asked me to find a locket that had been stolen by raiders who were holed up inside a large satellite facility. I explored the place, shot the raiders and got the locket. I've been leveling up steadily and have been focusing on charisma, lock picking and pistols.

I decided to tackle the Minuteman quest next. I made my way south and found the place, but it was heavily guarded. I carefully cleared out the enemies from the perimeter of the building, a factory of sorts. I had to use a rifle for a few of the kills, they were simply too far for my pistol. I'm thinking rifles would make a good weapon to focus on along with pistols, but I'm not sure yet.

I seriously can't wait to get back into the game... It's been messing with my sleep schedule pretty heavily too. I absolutely love Fallout 4.