November 8, 2015

Skylanders Swap Force

Date played: November 8th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 7/10

With my daughter, I played through one mission of Swap Force and we saved the last of the 4 elementals. The level was set in a whimsy forest where tree-bark skinned firefighters were struggling to hold off an attack by Kaos himself, who set most of the island on fire. All the enemies were fire-based and many areas required that I carry water balloons to extinguish fires. There was even a few sequences where I used a giant water canon in first person view to fight fires in the town and on friendly ships.
A firefighter's airship
At the end of the level, I got to fight Kaos directly as he rode his airship and attacked mine. I fought him with the water canon, captured him and saved the elemental! Unfortunately, back in Woodburrow, Kaos' mother made an appearance and kidnapped one of my friends, leaving her son to rot with us. I think the next level is the final one, but I'm not sure yet.