November 13, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: November 12th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

The Commonwealth wasteland is a very dangerous place...

I continued the quest where I had to clear the car factory of raiders. It was easily the biggest mission yet. The building is large, had multiple levels and tons of nooks and crannies to explore. I didn't have too much trouble killing the raiders and their leader, my pistols served me well.

After the mission, I picked up a random radio signal with a message saying there was a group of people that needed help fighting some ghouls at the Lexington police station. When I got there, I fought some ghouls and met the group, members of the Brotherhood of Steel. The leader, a man named Danse, He asked me to help him investigate a nearby building, a high tech rocket business called Arcjet Systems. It turns out, the place was filled with synthetics, humanoids that resemble robots and use laser pistols and rifles. They were clearly too strong for me, but Danse has a set of power armor and some powerful weapons, so he did most of the killing as I assisted him.
Arcjet Systems 

Once we cleared the area, he rewarded me with a nice weapon and offered me to join the Brotherhood. I told him I would think about it, since it seems that joining might prevent me from completing missions from other factions, but I'm not really sure yet. I explored and cleared a nearby brewery, since it looked like fun, then I headed back to Sanctuary to clear out my inventory and rest.

I decided that now that I have a nice house, it would be appropriate if I decorated it a bit, even if it's pretty much useless. I've got an alarm clock, a magazine rack, a bobblehead stand, a watch and a desk fan. In my little lobby, I put an antique globe, another watch and a telephone. On my balcony, I put a lantern, a cigar box and a lighter on a table. In the kitchen, I've added a few food boxes. In the workshop, I put an extinguisher, some duct tape, an oil can and some anti-freeze. I also added some cute toys on a shelf to decorate. I know this stuff is all dumb, but it makes my house look like it "fits" in the wasteland.

I did make some real changes to my settlement though, by adding a radio beacon that can attract new settlers, so I hope my little town grows soon!