November 8, 2015

Sibling's Birthday Party Special!

Date played: November 7th
Platform: Xbox One and PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

My youngest brother hosted a birthday party to celebrate his 24th trip around the sun and it included a lot of gaming! I started with a few rounds of Halo 2 in split-screen with 2 other players. I was average at best, getting a few kills, but mostly dying. We played with SWAT rules, which means no shields, battle rifles and pistols.

Most of the night was spent playing Rocket League though. My bro has a very small TV, so split-screen was a bit painful, but we huddled around the TV and played some 2 vs 2 local and some 3 vs 3 online. I was on top of my game for sure, scoring lots of goals, but also being a very strong setup guy. I would often be the reason why my team mates had an opening to score. There was only one match where we were absolutely outclassed by another player. That guy was just so fucking good... It was lots of fun to play Rocket League with some new people.