November 18, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: November 17th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

There are so many quests! I continued exploring Diamond City, built inside an old baseball stadium. I managed to talk to everyone there and found a whole slew of quests. The city is really interesting, with tons of little details.

One of the more interesting quest lines is about a man whose alcoholic wife who is fucking the bartender. The husband asked me to intimidate the bartender in exchange for money. I then persuaded the bartender to leave the wife alone, but I needed more than his word... Somehow, this led me to interrupting a drug deal in a nearby street. I killed the drug dealing gang of ghouls and obtained the location of their chemistry lab. The bartender killed a prominent resident of Diamond City in the process, and decided to leave town. When I got back to the city, the father of the murdered resident confronted me, but I managed to put the blame on someone else, who I now have to kill.

Fallout 4 is full of these little quests that grow and grow with every step. Another involved another bartender who is friends with the announcer of Diamond City Radio, Travis. The kid has some confidence issues, so his bartender friend wants to stage a fight that Travis would win to bolster his self-esteem. I helped stage the fight, but shit went wrong rather quickly and one of the hired attackers was killed. This led to the kidnapping of the bartender, so me and Travis raided a nearby brewery to save the guy.
My .44 pistol is awesome
The game has quality writing, so it goes a long way to make the events more interesting. I did a few more minor quests. I collected some baseball memoribilia in a mirelurk infested swamp, I gathered a bloatfly gland, cleared out a shop filled with raiders and found an irradiated plant. I also upgraded my equipment quite a bit, mostly my armor, but also a few guns. I now have a missile launcher and a very cool .44 pistol that deals very heavy damage. The .44 is slow and ammo for it is scarce, but it's been great against powerful enemies. Finally, I spent more time at my settlement, this time, to equip my settlers with decent equipment.